While there are those who claim that it’s a waste of time, there are a lot of valid circumstances when duct cleaning is needed.
Consider the following:
• According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency:
“Duct cleaning has never been shown to actually prevent health problems. Neither do studies conclusively demonstrate that particle (e.g., dust) levels in homes increase because of dirty air ducts. This is because much of the dirt in air ducts adheres to duct surfaces and does not necessarily enter the living space. It is important to keep in mind that dirty air ducts are only one of many possible sources of particles that are present in homes. Pollutants that enter the home both from outdoors and indoor activities such as cooking, cleaning, smoking, or just moving around can cause greater exposure to contaminants than dirty air ducts. Moreover, there is no evidence that a light amount of household dust or other particulate matter in air ducts poses any risk to your health.”
• In addition, some HVAC experts claim that duct cleaning is just a waste of money.
• Before, during and photos show ducts that has thick grime lining its walls the way plaque lines human arteries. After cleaning photos show a clean and wider airway.
• The US EPA also recommends duct cleaning:
– When molds become visible,
– When ducts are infested by vermin, and
– When ducts are clogged by debris and when particles are actually being released into the house.
Regular cleaning, while not required should not be taken for granted. It is best that professional inspection be done annually, whenever a neighbor completes a construction or renovation project, or you have just concluded your own home improvement project. Duct cleaning is recommended to be done only whenever it is needed and duct cleaning experts determine that to be every 3~4 years. But having seen photos of how dirty ducts can become, it is best that professionals be asked to check on the duct and make recommendations. How often your ducts become dirty depends on one’s individual circumstance. A dwelling located near a coal mine will most probably need duct cleaning earlier than most residences and one located in a gated community will not need it as frequently as a home beside a big construction project.
Therefore, duct cleaning is a process that most people may not need done every year but there are those who do. It all depends on what duct inspections result is. Its recommended to contact duct cleaner in Melbourne to help you on cleaning and also for the inspections.